Thursday, May 13, 2010

French Super Models A la Mode

I am not sure how I feel about the lifestyle portrayed in the video below.  In some ways it is beautiful.  It reminds me of events in my life that I will never forget.  Nightclubs in Europe, all night adventures (Nuit Blanche, if you will), sunny European days, and a frivolousness I have rarely enjoyed, but have had the chance to on some special occasions.  I do wonder though if this is a truthful representation of the life of its characters.  I choose to post this video because it was not like many of the portrayals of other such types.  I would like to think that this one might be more accurate, because it shows a life that is full of beauty and fun.  Could this be a reality?  Through our lives we are trained to find shallowness in the fashion world.  In fact as I watched I waited and waited for a shallowness that never came.  

Models and Fashion Designers may live shallow lifestyles.  I don't know.  On the other hand many of them could be much like many of the people that read this blog.  Just creatives that are in search of beauty or meaning in what they do.  Is it not possible that they are Artist like any other?  Most would not argue the point of Fashion Designers, but what about the models?  I don't know the answers to any of this, but I think that it is interesting to think about the perception of the fashion world.  In any case this video is beautiful.  

sorry that was a bit of a rant... 

Short film by Karl Lagerfeld "Remember Now"  in support of his recent collection: Chanel Cruise 2011 Saint-Tropez.




No comments:

Post a Comment